Saturday, May 28, 2011

Ravenswing 2011

In the process of gearing up for Ravenswing this sunday, I'm come to re-love what I am doing. This isn't to say that creating things has ever been unsatisfactory or that I've ever thought that this isn't what I'd like to be doing. But it is nice to make something you like so much you consider not bringing it to the fair that you've made it for.

I like craft fairs. Even when the weeks following up to the main event are incredibly stressful and I'm never sure if I have enough stuff, or if the table layout can be tweaked, etc etc, I still like the feeling of standing behind the table. This time round I can add my descent into the world of energy drinks to the list of horrible things I've done to myself in the name of art. I'm aiming to bounce back into the world of coffee and tea once everything is over.

This morning a few friends and I ventured down to the Glebe for its big garage sale. It was teeming with people and though I scored a bunch of great DVD's (which are essential for long stints in the studio) and an excellent skirt, I have failed to bring home a $10 ice cream maker. It was my goal this year, since freezer space seems to be becoming more and more limited and it's a great excuse for me to make ice cream. I've been making Kulfi for about a year now (which admittedly, is not a labor intensive project), but this year I'm hoping to be a bit more of a lazy bone.
http://www.appellation.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment