Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Craft Fair aftermath and Silver class

The things I learned from the (first ever) craft fair:
  1. Always be prepared to fill  a table 4 feet longer than expected.
  2. Have tissue paper.
  3. Bring lunch. 
  4. When the veteran wood carver next to you tells you "if you made a sale by noon, you're doing ok" believe him. He speaks the truth.  
  5. When they tell you this is "Kanata's biggest craft fair" believe it and don't act so surprised when you get there. 
With that said All Saints craft fair was a pretty fun day and I will forever be dreaming of the French macarons made by my neighbor Wendy of UrbanBakingCo. Sweet bejebus they were delicious. I've looked up a recipe online but I don't think I could ever make them as good.

Now I'm getting all psyched up for St Matthews.


I have to say, making tiny pretty things out of silver has been pretty awesome. I've gotten myself into a silver jewelry class  and everything has been really rewarding. I was going to start firing my first precious metal clay pieces this week but that was dashed when the only supplier in town had decided to not carry it anymore. I'm now waiting for my online order to come in. If I'm lucky I will have a few pieces done for the show.
http://www.appellation.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment